Tater Tot Hot Dish Recipe
1 hour 5 mins
Tater Tot Hot Dish has been a part of my supper life for as long as I can remember. My mom used to make this for our family when I was a kid and now my wife makes this for us. This tater tot hot dish has cheese and vegetables in it an is delicious and is an easy recipe to make. It used all common ingredients like frozen vegetables, hamburger, etc.
Author: Jason Bolte
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ cup milk
- 1 bag of frozen tater tots
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Brown hamburger in skillet – drain, salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (except the tater tots) in a bowl
- Place mixture in a casserole dish (spray with cooking spray)
- Cover the mixture with frozen tater tots (1 deep)
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in preheated oven
- Enjoy your tater tot hot dish!
A common variation of this recipe is to make this tater tot hot dish with corn. Everyone has there preferences, and don’t get me wrong, I like corn, but corn isn’t something I love in things besides some salsas.
My wife has made this tater tot hot dish with green beans quite often and this is equally as good. The vegetable you choose to use comes down to your personal preference.
In my video we used a cup of frozen vegetables and a can of green beans because we didn’t quite have 2 whole cups of the frozen vegetables. Don’t be afraid to experiment and mix things up with these recipes. Cooking is supposed to be fun and every family has different tastes when it comes to there family meals.
Tater Tot Hot Dish Ingredients
Frozen Tater Tots that get golden brown after you get done baking this dish.
Frozen vegetables for the tater tot hot dish
Browned Hamburger that needs to be drained and seasoned with salt and pepper
Ingredients after the browned hamburger has been mixed
Frozen tater tots on mixture. Next step is to place in the oven.
Tater Tot Hot Dish plated up and ready to be eaten.